Maintenance Supervisor (Majuba) ERI
Task Grade :
Area of Speacialization :
Turbine and Maintenance including Outages, Interim repairs, Inspection and Breakdown.
Business Unit :
Turbo Gen Services
South Africa (Mpumalanga)
Reference Number :
Closing Date :
2022/05/11 11:55 PM
• N4 and Recognised Trade Certificate
• At least 3 years commissioning and quality experience on Turbine Generator and Auxiliary Plant
• At least 3 years’ experience on Turbine Generator plant and its Auxiliaries
• At least 2 Years supervision experience with strong organisational, Interpersonal, communication & Supervision skills with the ability to manage subordinates to achieve the required objective.
Skills and Competencies
• Strong technical background with at least 5 years related experience on Stream Turbine, Generators, and related Auxiliaries - ranging from 150MW to 10000MW, including ABB, MAN, KWU, Alstom, Siemens, AEG, AEI and Parsons and Alstom nuclear.
• Sound basic fitting skills with the ability to utilise and read measuring instruments within the tolerate requirements
• Must be fully literate in English, in reading, writing and speaking with technical report writing skills and required to communicate in English at all times.
• Conversant with quality system, safety system and disciplinary code
• Must have a valid advanced Rigging certificate
• The successful incumbent will be responsible for supervision of Maintenance on Stream Turbines, Generator, and related auxiliary plant ranging from 150MW to 1000MW, including ABB, MAN, KWU, Alstom, Siemens, AEG, AEI and Parsons, and Alstom Nuclear
• Planning, Leading and controlling of activities in accordance with Process Quality Plans, Work Instructions and OEM specifications within the company Procedure TTQ-D-6.
• Ensure the effective management, utilization and control of resources, tools, and equipment
• Provide technical support on repairs and refurbishment.
• Ensure a clean working environment is maintained
• Ensure adherence to quality procedures and quality plans. Checks sheets to be completed and signed as per equipment
• Ensure compliance with the access control of turbines and generators as per company.
• Meet predefined milestone deadlines, ensure compliance with plant Safety Regulations, with safety and environment rules, regulations and PPE equipment and with Quality Standards.
• Responsible for subordinates’ performance management, on job training and HR/IR Management
• Perform rigging and lifting of components within the certified limits of the qualification
• The ability to function effectively in a team environment
• Continuous improvement: Ensure that your administration Document is current, and include your SHEQ objectives
• Ensures that all legal appointment is valid and in place for your area of control
• SHEQ Compliance: As a Section 8(2)i appointee, you are to ensure that the duties of the employee as contemplated in the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 are properly discharged and all legal appointment are valid and in place for your area control
• Reduce work: Measure and report on Rework vs. Revenue for your department monthly and ensure you reduce rework to less than 0.5% of your turnover
• Audit Rating: Maintain an audit score of less than 2 and/or receive no major audit findings
• Maintenance planned and unplanned Outages, IR & Breakdown supervision
“If you have not been contacted within 28 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.”
“Eskom is committed to equality, employment equity, and diversity. In accordance with the employment equity plan of Eskom and its employment equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited, to candidates from under-represented designated groups. Eskom reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply for positions.”